History & Milestones
- TESSCO celebrates its 25th year of enduring success, and receives an Executive Citation from the Baltimore County Executive's Office, for 25 years of contribution to the community.
- TESSCO reports record earnings for the fiscal year ending April 1, 2007, indicative of a 25th year with outstanding advancement in the Company’s strategic positioning as Your Total Source for everything wireless.
- TESSCO is named “Distributor of the Year” by Radio Waves, Inc. in June for providing superior performance as a key distribution partner.
- In July, TESSCO acquires NetForce Solutions, Inc., a provider of technical and sales training solutions to the wireless, telecommunications, and networking industries.
- In the same month, TESSCO announces the signing of a four-year lease on a 65,000 square foot warehouse and office facility near the Company’s Hunt Valley, Maryland Headquarters. This space is named the Innovation Center and is required to support TESSCO’s growing design, manufacturing and custom packaging operation, which in turn enhances the Company’s core value-added supplier business.
- TESSCO introduces the first-ever Wireless Guide At a Glance – a condensed version of The Wireless Guide®, providing valuable access to everything you need, and everything you need to know about what’s new and what’s next in the world of wireless.
- TESSCO is named to Forbes’ 2007 elite list of America’s Best Small Companies, for its consistent pattern of positive sales and profit growth.
- Motorola recognizes TESSCO for Highest Sales Growth in Wireless Broadband, specifically for demonstrating the highest year-over-year sales growth of Motorola Canopy products.
- TESSCO is selected as the Distributor of the Year for Parrot, Inc. for TESSCO’s role in increasing sales for Parrot and for providing promotional support, constructive feedback and creative suggestions that ultimately helped Parrot improve sales, operations and product features.
- Research in Motion (RIM), a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market, bestows TESSCO with an Award of Excellence recognizing the Company’s teamwork and commitment to their partnership.
- Telewave Inc., a designer and manufacturer of high-quality radio system equipment for domestic and international markets, recognizes TESSCO as Distributor of the Year.
- TPL, the industry leader in developing and manufacturing premier RF Power Amplifiers, recognizes TESSCO as Distributor of the Year.
- TESSCO’s Wireless Guide receives top recognition as a superior print catalogue in the Multichannel Merchant Awards – the industry’s top honors for b-to-b and b-to-c multichannel marketers.
- TESSCO receives three awards for various advertising campaigns at the 13th Annual Communicator Awards, which honors creative excellence for communications professionals.
- TESSCO is awarded two new contracts with the states of Iowa and Kansas, under which State and Local entities in both states can start benefitting from TESSCO’s total source wireless offering and leading supply chain solutions. The contracts are issued by the Iowa Telecommunications and Technology Commission for the Iowa Communications Network, as well as the Kansas Department of Administration, the second recent contract awarded to TESSCO is a Western States Contracting Alliance-based Public Safety Communications Contract. Under this alliance, political subdivisions of the State of Kansas are eligible to purchase required equipment from TESSCO with State of Kansas Procurement Cards.
- TESSCO is honored as one of the “Best of the Best” in IT public relations, according to a study evaluating survey responses from more than 800 editors at leading IT and business publications. According to PRSourceCode’s 3rd Annual “Top Tech Communicators” Study, TESSCO is ranked as having one of the best corporate public relations departments in the marketplace.
- For the second consecutive year, TESSCO is named to the Forbes’ elite list of America’s Best Small Companies.
- Chairman, President & CEO Robert B. Barnhill, Jr. is inducted into the Baltimore County Chamber’s Business Hall of Fame – a long-standing business awards event that recognizes the area’s top business leaders whose professional careers and civic commitment have enhanced Baltimore County’s quality of life.
- TESSCO is again recognized as “Distributor of the Year” by Radio Waves, Inc. for providing superior performance as a key distribution partner.
- TESSCO goes beyond the ordinary with the introduction of Ventev™, a new brand of innovative wireless products that focus on high-performing, engineering-driven accessories, equipment, and tools for the wireless industry.
- TESSCO's year-over-year proven ability to exhibit superior performance across many areas, such as sales growth, account development, and supply chain efficiencies, earned the Company Distributor of the Year Awards by Telewave, Inc., Times Microwave Systems, TPL Communications and Radio Waves, Inc.
- TESSCO is acknowledged as Distributor of the Year for 2008 by BridgeWave Communications, the leading supplier of gigabit wireless solutions.
- TESSCO enhances its GSA Program with a five-year extension for the GSA Hardware Super Store (HSS) and Scientific Equipment and Services Schedules (SES).
- TESSCO is named to Baltimore Magazine’s elite list of “25 Best Places to Work” in Maryland.
- The Wireless Guide earns top honors from leading marketing experts during the 26th Annual Conference for Catalog and Multichannel Merchants (ACCM).
- TESSCO launches The Wireless Guide Online – enabling customers to have their buying experience in a new, interactive, eco-friendly format.
- TESSCO is named to the 2009 InformationWeek 500 – an annual, prestigious listing of the nation’s top innovative users of business technology.
- For the third consecutive year, TESSCO is recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Small Companies.
- TESSCO is again recognized by Baltimore Magazine as a “Best Place to Work” among Maryland-based companies.
- The addition of 6,000 new, GSA-approved wireless communications products to the Information Technology (IT) and Scientific Equipment and Services (SES) Schedules, 5,000 and 1,000 products, respectively, makes it even easier for government entities to choose TESSCO for their wireless needs. With more than 14,000 GSA-approved products from more than 100 world-class manufacturers, TESSCO is a leading telecommunications GSA Supplier and Schedule holder, and one of the only telecommunications suppliers with three GSA contracts in the wireless communications space.
- Ventev Innovations®, a division of TESSCO, launches the Ventev® EcoCHARGE®, the most advanced, energy-efficient wall charger for mobile devices—and a game changer in the mobile device charger market—both on the energy conservation and innovation fronts.
- GigaWave Technologies®, a division of TESSCO, announces a full schedule of Cisco Unified Wireless virtual training courses taught live via the Web. This virtual training format addresses increasing concerns with training and travel budgets.
- TerraWave Solutions®, a division of TESSCO, joins the Cisco Developer Network as a Solution Developer within the Wireless/Mobility technology category, in addition to completing Cisco Interoperability Verification Testing for several TerraWave enclosures.
- TESSCO hosts its first-ever “Innovation Showcase”—an event that brings key wireless manufacturers and customers together to broaden the exposure of the newest, most innovative products in the industry.
- TESSCO’s Chief Financial Officer, David Young, is named to the SmartCEO Magazine’s 2010 SmartCFO list. SmartCEO Magazine recognizes CFOs who have gone above and beyond to maintain the financial integrity of their company.
- TESSCO is honored for its commitment to diversity by receiving the 2010 DiversityNXT Gen Corporation Award, one of the highest accolades the industry gives to a company for its utilization and advocacy of diverse suppliers. This recognition as a world-class leader in supporting diversity is based on TESSCO’s development and implementation of supplier diversity best practices.
- Again recognized as one of the nation’s top technology innovators, TESSCO is named to the 2010 InformationWeek 500—an annual, prestigious listing of the nation’s top innovative users of business technology.
- TESSCO posts all-time record results for its second quarter of fiscal 2011, including record: quarterly revenues of $165 million, number of purchasing customers, EPS of $0.43., and EBITDA per share of $0.85.
- TESSCO and GE Transportation form a long-term partnership to co-develop and produce Positive Train Control (PTC) Solutions to the North American rail industry. The integrated, turnkey PTC and Monitoring solutions support the U.S. rail network in its response to the U.S. Rail Safety Improvement Act of 2008 that set a December 31, 2015 deadline to implement PTC in over 7,000 “dark territory,” (not monitored by a signal system), switch locations in the U.S.
- TESSCO reports record revenue and earnings for Fiscal Year 2011, including record: revenues of $605 million in FY11, EPS of $1.27 in FY11, EBITDA per share of $2.59 in FY11, and revenues of $130 million and EPS of $0.21 in Q4 FY11.
- TESSCO expands its microwave backhaul solution portfolio with Exalt Communications, a provider of next-generation wireless backhaul systems for service providers and enterprises worldwide. The point-to-point microwave backhaul systems from Exalt deliver the reliability, performance, flexibility, and cost-effectiveness needed to backhaul high-capacity traffic.
- TerraWave Solutions®, now a Ventev Innovations® brand, introduces the new micro MIMO omnidirectional antenna—the most compact of its kind. The new version is the most compact six-pack MIMO antenna available, featuring a flatter antenna body.
- TerraWave Solutions expands its product offering to include even more wireless products that are compatible with the latest Cisco access points.
- TESSCO announces record quarterly EPS of $0.57 and record quarterly EBITDA per share of $1.09 for the first quarter of FY12.
- TESSCO introduces a line of Ventev® Turnkey Modem Enclosures to simplify remote monitoring deployment. The enclosures support outdoor, wireless, data-collection systems and simplify the deployment of cellular modems in mission-critical applications.
- TESSCO and Corning Cable Systems LLC, part of Corning Incorporated’s (NYSE:GLW) Telecommunications segment, announce that Corning’s innovative fiber connectivity solutions are now available through TESSCO. These new fiber-to-the-antenna solutions for next-generation wireless base stations enable faster site deployments at the lowest total cost.
- TESSCO delivers innovation at the Wireless Showcase that features and recognizes the right accessories for today’s mobile devices. ZAGG Inc. (NASDAQ:ZAGG), a market leader in innovative mobile device accessories, is one of three manufacturers to take top honors for their showcased product. ZAGG, recently identified as the No. 1 mobile device accessory brand in the U.S. by the NPD Group, and TESSCO, then officially announce that ZAGG’s critically acclaimed accessories are now available through TESSCO.
- TESSCO celebrates its 30th year of enduring success. Since 1982, TESSCO has been Your Total Source®— always here, always ready—to deliver the latest solutions, products, services, and support needed to make wireless work. Today, TESSCO delivers everything needed to build, use and maintain wireless.
- TESSCO launches its 28th edition of The Wireless Guide®, the definitive presentation of the products required to build and maintain an end-to-end wireless voice, data or video system. It is the foundation of the knowledge TESSCO provides to help customers transform the vast amount of industry information into the intelligence they need to make wireless work.
Back to top